1. Eligibility and Enrollment in Axons’s Affiliates ProgramProspective affiliates must register and be approved by Axon Optics in order to gain access to the Affiliates Program. Affiliates are approved based on criteria such as site quality, site content, brand identity, and alignment with Axon’s values. The following types of websites are also prohibited from participating in the Affiliates Program:
- “Cash-back” or voucher sites (websites that offer rewards for buying goods through referral links)
- Price comparison sites
- Advertising networks (online networks that sell or place advertisements)
- Sites using “pop-ups” or “pop-unders” (websites that launch “pop-up” or hidden windows on users’ browsers)
- Sites with content related to sexual, religious, political or other sensitive matters
2. Commission Rates, Qualifying Sales and PaymentAs an Affiliate, you can receive commissions for qualifying sales. Commission rates may vary. Current commission rates are 6%. Qualifying sales are sales made on Axon’s website users that arrived on the Axon site by clicking an approved link on an Affiliate’s site (an “Affiliate Link”). Affiliate links can be generated in the Affiliates Area of the Axon Optics website. The Affiliates Program platform uses browser cookies to verify qualifying sales. The cookies are valid for thirty (30) days (the “Cookie Period”). Commissions are paid on qualifying sales made during the Cookie Period. This means that an Affiliate can receive a commission for a qualifying sale if the sale was made within thirty days of the user clicking the Affiliate Link, as long as the Affiliate was the last referrer. If a user clicks multiple Affiliate Links, the last Affiliate Link to be clicked prior to a qualifying sale will receive the commission. If the user’s last click prior to making the purchase was a paid channel, such as Google PPC, the purchase will not be a qualifying sale and an Affiliate will not receive a commission. Commissions are calculated by multiplying the relevant commission rate and the price of the qualifying sales (excluding shipping costs and taxes). Commissions are not paid on sales that are canceled or returned. Commissions are subject to review and other limitations for fraudulent activity. Axon reserves the right to withhold commissions if fraudulent activity is found.
3. Program RestrictionsAffiliates that violate any of the following program restrictions may be suspended or removed from the Affiliates Program and may not receive commissions, in Axon’s sole discretion:
Use of Voucher CodesAffiliates may only promote voucher codes that are provided through the Affiliates Program platform. Any expiration dates should be clearly displayed next to the voucher codes, and codes should be removed or explicitly marked as expired after the expiration dates. Affiliates displaying expired codes without marking them as being expired may be suspended from the Affiliates Program.
Paid SearchAxon maintains a strict policy on paid search activity. Affiliates must comply with the following conditions on any ad platform, including, but not limited to search engines, content networks and social networking sites:
- Affiliates are not permitted to bid or appear on searches that include the term “Axon Optics”;
- Affiliates are not permitted to bid or appear on extended or hybrid searches that include the term “Axon Optics”;
- Affiliates are not permitted to bid or appear on misspellings or variations of searches that include the term “Axon Optics”;
- Affiliates are not permitted to use Axon Optics’ trademarks in any paid search activity, including ad text, copy or display URLs;
- Affiliates are not permitted to direct link PPC activity to the Axon Optics Site, this includes using the Axon Optics website as a display URL;
- Affiliates are not permitted to send traffic through automatic redirects on a website page;
- Affiliates are not permitted to use the Axon Optics name (including misspells and variations) as a sub-domain or sub-folder.