Benjamin Rollins is a co-founder and managing partner for Axon Optics.
Currently co-founder and managing partner at Axon Optics, a spinout of the University of Utah that addresses the multi-billion dollar migraine market by developing a simple solution–eyeglasses and that relieve migraine pain.
Love being involved in the Utah tech startup community and chairing the Silicon Slopes Farmington Chapter committee. Speaker at TEDxSaltLakeCity. Street taco aficionado.
Received his MBA from Cornell University and BS from Brigham Young University.
• Founder and CEO of Vaporsens: An SBIR/DOD/Angel backed spin-out of the University of Utah developing an “electronic dog’s nose” that helps public safety officials sniff out explosives, chemical agents, and narcotics. Raised over $2.5M and continues to progress.
• Entrepreneur in Residence: Worked with researchers at University of Utah via USTAR (Utah Science Technology and Research initiative) to commercialize their technologies.
• Founder and CEO of Bombyx Technologies: A spin-out of Cornell University developing biomaterials to treat dry-eye and ocular injury. Company was awarded $1.3M from the National Science Foundation and the Department of Defense. Company is now Silk Technologies.
• Corporate World: Learned the ropes at product marketing and management at Johnson & Johnson and Gap Inc.
• Founder of Gorilla Furniture: Opened, owned, and managed two retail storefronts and an online storefront in The Bay Area, CA.
• Volunteer: International experience includes two years as a full-time volunteer missionary in Monterrey, Mexico.
• Has 3 children at home. Enjoys supporting his wife and her online business, freeverce.com which sells dresses for girls.