EYEWEAR FOR MIGRAINE AND LIGHT SENSITIVITY:
Light sensitivity is one of the most common symptoms of a migraine, and for many chronic sufferers certain kinds of light can actually trigger a migraine. Axon Optics eyewear features Axon’s Spectrashield FL-41 lens that filters out the harsh light and has been clinically shown to reduce both the frequency and severity of migraines. It affords relief for those with general light sensitivity. Lenses also include our basic anti-reflective optical coating to protect against smudges, fingerprints, debris, and scratches. Non-prescription lenses include this coating at no additional charge or processing time; our Premium Multipurpose Coating can be added to prescription lenses when entering your prescription information for an additional $60. If you’d rather add this coating to your non-prescription lenses, it can be found under our ‘Accessories’ section of our shop. Please allow the full three weeks processing time if you’d like to add Premium Multipurpose Coating to your lenses.
- Lenses: Axon offers two different tint densities for you to choose from: Indoor, which is lighter; and Outdoor, which is darker. See pictures of the different lenses by clicking here. Transitions lenses® have our indoor tint when inside a building or car, but turn dark when in the sun. Our lenses offer industry standard UVA and UVB protection.
- Prescription: This frame can be fitted with your prescription. Just select the appropriate prescription option and fill out the prescription form. Axon Optics only processes single vision and readers prescriptions. If you require bifocal, trifocal, progressives, or complex prescriptions you will need to visit your eyecare practitioner. For more information on complex prescriptions, email [email protected]
Other Frequently Asked Questions
- Domestic Shipping: Shipping is a flat $5 to anywhere in the United States. Expedited shipping is available at checkout for an additional cost. Most orders process within 1 business day. Transitions and prescription lenses can take up to 3 weeks to process and contact lenses up to 4 weeks.
- International Shipping: Shipping options for International transactions range between $10-$75 and can take from 3-21 days. Most orders process within 1 business day. Your package may be subject to import taxes, customs duties and/or fees imposed by the destination country. These charges will typically be due once your purchase arrives at the country of destination. For example, if you are receiving our products in the United Kingdom, you will be charged a 20% Value Added Tax (VAT) in order for your purchase to pass through customs.
- Color: The color of your lenses may look different than those in the photograph because photos may distort colors. For this reasons, you may notice a difference in the color of your pair and the pair you’ve seen online, another pair from a previous order, or another pair from the same order. Rest assured, though the tint may appear different, the efficacy of the tint remains the same.
- Other Questions: Find your answer here.
- Advice for the perfect pair of therapeutic glasses:
Have us make a pair of custom glasses for you – perfect lenses for your needs, and a frame you’ve selected in person. This can be a new frame from an optical shop, a designer style, or an old favorite frame you’ve owned for years – we’ll fill it with customized lenses just for you. We recommend first trying a non-prescription lens in one of our frames, to be sure you like the tint before investing in a nonrefundable custom order.
If you’d like to try a pair of our lenses before placing a custom order, we recommend our Cover-RX, which fits over your current prescription lenses but can also be worn alone:
If you do not wear prescription lenses, you can choose any of our styles with non-prescription lenses as your trial pair.
Once you know the tint works for you, you can send us your own frame to be filled with new lenses (Single-vision prescriptions or non-prescription lenses, or you could also try our contact lenses in lieu of framed glasses). Nothing works like a frame you’ve selected in person, in terms of fit, style, and coverage.
We can make any single-vision prescription lens. If you have a more complex prescription such as bifocal, trifocal, or progressive, this type of prescription requires the supervision of an eye doctor and cannot be made directly through our website. If you’ve already tried our tint as described above, you can get your prescription made with our tint through an eye doctor. Any eye doctor who can work with independent lens vendors can email us at [email protected] for directions on how to make the lenses with our tint. It can be difficult to find a doctor who is not stuck in lab contracts, but we can refer you to a doctor who can help. Please call mail-order doctors Sherwin Optical at (602) 242-3486.
Our full Return Policy is included below.
- Returns: Axon Optics Return Policy
Our try-on program is a great way to find out if the tint helps you. Whether you have perfect vision or need prescription lenses, we recommend first trying our tint non-prescription in one of our frames, to be sure that the tint helps you before investing in a nonrefundable custom order. All non-prescription lenses in our frames can be returned within 30 days of purchase in new condition for exchange credit or a refund of the product price minus shipping. This usually gives you a few days after delivery to try them out and see if they help. This way is great because it is risk-free – you only pay shipping costs.
For most people, this means a maximum risk of $10 you might have spent on shipping to try them and return them to us. You’ll receive the original purchase price back minus shipping.
One week is the perfect amount of time to try out our lenses. If they haven’t worked after one week, they aren’t likely to help you. Keeping them for more than one week increases the likelihood of the glasses taking wear damage, much like a pair of shoes. We can only accept the return of glasses that are in mint condition, so please take good care of the glasses prior to returning them.
(For international customers and orders that arrive late: The deadline is extended, please try the lenses for up to a week from the date of delivery to see if they help before returning. Please note that many countries will charge an import duty, which is a tax that they will collect upon delivery of your package. This is separate than our costs, so you may want to plan ahead and order multiple pair at once should this apply to you.)
For contact lenses, no refunds can be given. We recommend first trying the tint as described above before purchasing nonrefundable contact lenses. If you haven’t tried contact lenses before, you should try them first, to be sure your eyes can tolerate them.
Though prescription and other custom orders cannot be refunded, the lab can re-do the lenses upon request for 50% off of regular price within 90 days of original purchase.
Warranty information: All frames and lenses include a one-year warranty. Both lenses and frames can be replaced once within the first year after date of purchase. Clearance items cannot be returned. Please visit our FAQ page when you are ready to begin your return.