EYEWEAR FOR LIGHT SENSITIVITY:
Light sensitivity is one of the most common symptoms of a migraine, and for many chronic sufferers certain kinds of light can actually trigger a migraine. Axon Optics eyewear features Axon’s Spectrashield FL-41 lens that filters out the harsh light and has been shown to block the light implicated in triggering and aggravating migraines and light sensitivity. Lenses also include premium optical coating to protect against smudges, fingerprints, debris, and scratches. This coating is included at no additional charge for non-prescription lenses include and can be added to prescription lenses when entering your prescription information for an additional $60.
- Lenses: Axon offers two different tint densities for you to choose from: Indoor, which is lighter; and Outdoor, which is darker. See pictures of the different lenses by clicking here. Transitions lenses® have our indoor tint when inside a building or car, but turn dark when in the sun. Our lenses offer industry standard UVA and UVB protection.
- Prescription: This frame can be fitted with your prescription. Just select the appropriate prescription option and fill out the prescription form. Axon Optics only processes single vision and readers prescriptions. If you require bifocal, trifocal, progressives, or complex prescriptions you will need to visit your eyecare practitioner. For more information on complex prescriptions, email [email protected]
- Lens Color: The color of your lenses may look different than those in the photograph because photos may distort colors. For this reason, you may notice a difference in the color of your pair and the pair you’ve seen online, another pair from a previous order, or another pair from the same order. Rest assured, though the tint may appear different, the efficacy of the tint remains the same.
- Domestic Shipping: Shipping is a flat $5 to anywhere in the United States. Expedited shipping is available at checkout for an additional cost. Most orders process within 1 business day. Transitions and prescription lenses can take up to 3 weeks to process and contact lenses up to 4 weeks.
- International Shipping: Shipping options for International transactions range between $10-$75 and can take from 3-21 days. Most orders process within 1 business day. Your package may be subject to import taxes, customs duties and/or fees imposed by the destination country. These charges will typically be due once your purchase arrives at the country of destination. For example, if you are receiving our products in the United Kingdom, you will be charged a 20% Value Added Tax (VAT) in order for your purchase to pass through customs.
- Other Questions: Find your answer here.
- Policy: Glasses in new condition may be returned within 30 days of receipt for a full refund, minus shipping costs. Because prescription glasses and contact lenses are custom, they cannot be refunded, but can be redone for 50% of the original price within 90 days of original purchase.
- 30 Days to Try: Whether you have perfect vision or need prescription lenses, we recommend first trying our non-prescription lenses in one of our frames to be sure the lens helps you before investing in a nonrefundable custom order. For most people, this means a maximum risk of $10 you might have spent on shipping to try them and return them to us. One week is the perfect amount of time to try out our lenses. If they haven’t worked after one week, they aren’t likely to help you. Keeping them for more than one week increases the likelihood of the glasses taking wear damage, much like a pair of shoes. We can only accept the return of glasses that are in mint condition, so please take good care of the glasses prior to returning them.
- Warranty Information: All frames and lenses include a one-year warranty. Both lenses and frames can be replaced once within the first year after date of purchase. Clearance items cannot be returned. Please visit our FAQ page when you are ready to begin your return.
Advice For the Perfect Pair of Glasses
- First: Try out a pair of any of our glasses and see if the lenses help. If you wear prescription glasses we recommend you try our Cover-RX which fits over your current prescription lenses but can also be worn alone.
- Second: If the lenses help and the frame fits, you are all set! If you would like a more custom fit or style then you can purchase a new frame from an optical shop or find a frame that you have owned for years. Send us your frame using the Send In Your Frame option.
- Third: Sit back and relax. We will fill your order in about 3 weeks. Nothing works like a frame you’ve selected in person, in terms of fit, style, and coverage.
If you’ve already tried our tint as described above, you can get your prescription made with our tint through an eye doctor. Any eye doctor who can work with independent lens vendors can email us at [email protected] for directions on how to make the lenses with our tint. It can be difficult to find a doctor who is not stuck in lab contracts, but we can refer you to a doctor who can help.