90% OF MIGRAINE SUFFERERS ARE SENSITIVE TO LIGHT – MIGRAINE GLASSES CAN HELP
STOP THE PAINFUL LIGHT
Researchers have discovered that by blocking certain wavelengths of light, over 60% of migraine sufferers report both reduced frequency and severity of migraines.
Dr. Brad Katz and other researchers created a series of lenses, that, when worn, reduce the severity of light sensitivity by half
Visit Our Online Store
- I used to have a headache pretty much every Sunday/Monday from the fluorescent lights and from glare reflecting off doors and windows at church. Sometimes I started hurting within the first few minutes of arriving. Wearing these glasses protects my eyes, and now I come home feeling much better than I used to.Mari
- I have the indoor tint. I get 2 to 4 migraines a week and these glasses have made it easier for me to function in fluorescent light or bright natural light.Melissa H
- Having now made two orders from Axon Optics, their customer service surpassed my expectations. Axon always kept me up to date with my orders and were very helpful answering my questions. I highly recommend them!Justyna Horodyska
- I highly recommend these glasses if light, computers, etc. bring on migraines. I will definitely buy another pair in case I misplace the ones I have. These have been a life saver, and it's great not to live in fear of a migraine attack.Joyce Colosi
- The tinted contacts have enabled me to work in fluorescent light, despite having light sensitivity. They are extremely effective and so comfortable. I have worn my first pair for a full year and they've been fantastic!Nancy T
- The first time I put on my glasses the relief was nearly instantaneous. I was happily amazed and thankful that there was something that could correct my photophobia.Chris
BASED IN RESEARCH
Co-founded by a neuro-ophthalmologist and light-sensitivity researcher at the University of Utah, Axon Optics is at the forefront of using newly-discovered optics technology in the treatment of light sensitivity. With so many people in the world suffering from migraines and other issues caused by
light sensitivity, the founders wanted to share this technology with the world. For this reason, proceeds from the sale of Axon Optics products go to furthering research into additional technologies and techniques to help light-sensitive conditions. Learn More about our story. Shop migraine glasses online.
Co-founded by a neuro-ophthalmologist and light-sensitivity researcher at the University of Utah, Axon Optics is at the forefront of using newly-discovered optics technology in the treatment of light sensitivity. With so many people in the world suffering from migraines and other issues caused by light sensitivity, the founders wanted to share this technology with the world.
For this reason, proceeds from the sale of Axon Optics products go to furthering research into additional technologies and techniques to help light-sensitive conditions. Learn More about our story. Shop migraine glasses online.
INTERVIEW: DR. KATZ OF AXON OPTICS
NEWS SEGMENT: GLASSES FOR MIGRAINE RELIEF
HOW AXON OPTIC LENSES WORK
- Light Can Be PainfulFor Some, Light Can Trigger MigrainesLenses with Spectrashield Technology Block the Painful Light
Light Can Be Painful
You know your eyes are directly connected to your brain, right? Well, what you may not know is that there are actually two SEPARATE pathways. One transmits visual information, the other transmits pain—pain designed to tell you that the light entering your eyes is harmful and can cause damage.
For Some, Light Can Trigger Migraines
Most people only feel this pain when they are exposed to genuinely harmful light. However, a certain portion of the population has an oversensitive pain pathway—one that overreacts to certain wavelengths of light and deems them harmful, causing pain. The resulting light sensitivity (photophobia) can be responsible for a number of light-sensitive conditions— including migraines.
Lenses with Spectrashield Technology Block the Painful Light
The good news is that even for the most light-sensitive individuals, there are only a few key wavelengths of light that cause discomfort. These wavelengths have been identified and can be countered with SpectraShield FL-41 lenses. These unique, high-tech lenses are only available from Axon Optics.
FRAME OPTIONS FOR MIGRAINE GLASSES
Stylish, contemporary frames combine with light-blocking lenses for all-day protection.
Attractive frames with additional side coverage that blocks light entering in from the sides. This option provides optimal coverage for most users.
Need absolute full coverage? These frames have the option of removable gaskets that completely block all harmful light. These are particularly helpful when worn outdoors.
Fitover RX Protection: for those who already have prescription frames, these frames fit over existing frames and can be worn at any time.
MIGRAINE INDOOR GLASSES
Latest From The Blog