EYEWEAR FOR MIGRAINE AND LIGHT SENSITIVITY:
Light sensitivity is one of the most common symptoms of a migraine, and for many chronic sufferers certain kinds of light can actually trigger a migraine. Axon Optics eyewear features Axon’s Spectrashield FL-41 lens that filters out the harsh light and has been shown to block the light implicated in triggering and aggravating migraines and light sensitivity. Lenses also include premium optical coating to protect against smudges, fingerprints, debris, and scratches. This coating is included at no additional charge for non-prescription lenses include and can be added to prescription lenses when entering your prescription information for an additional $60.
- Lenses: Axon offers two different tint densities for you to choose from: Indoor, which is lighter; and Outdoor, which is darker. See pictures of the different lenses by clicking here. Transitions lenses® have our indoor tint when inside a building or car, but turn dark when in the sun. Our lenses offer industry standard UVA and UVB protection.
- Prescription: This frame can be fitted with your prescription. Just select the appropriate prescription option and fill out the prescription form. Axon Optics only processes single vision and readers prescriptions. If you require bifocal, trifocal, progressives, or complex prescriptions you will need to visit your eyecare practitioner. For more information on complex prescriptions, email [email protected]
- Lens Color: The color of your lenses may look different than those in the photograph because photos may distort colors. For this reason, you may notice a difference in the color of your pair and the pair you’ve seen online, another pair from a previous order, or another pair from the same order. Rest assured, though the tint may appear different, the efficacy of the tint remains the same.
- Warranty: Send In Your Frames are a non-refundable custom order. Lenses have a one year warranty. We do not warranty the frames.
- Domestic Shipping: Shipping is a flat $5 to anywhere in the United States. Expedited shipping is available at checkout for an additional cost. Most orders process within 1 business day. Transitions and prescription lenses can take up to 3 weeks to process and contact lenses up to 4 weeks.
- International Shipping: Shipping options for International transactions range between $10-$75 and can take from 3-21 days. Most orders process within 1 business day. Your package may be subject to import taxes, customs duties and/or fees imposed by the destination country. These charges will typically be due once your purchase arrives at the country of destination. For example, if you are receiving our products in the United Kingdom, you will be charged a 20% Value Added Tax (VAT) in order for your purchase to pass through customs.
- Other Questions: Find your answer here.
- Custom Send In Your Frame orders take 2-3 weeks to process before shipping.
We will discard the old lenses and replace them with new Axon Optics lenses. We are unable to return your original lenses, so you should have a local optician remove them if you’d like to keep them prior to shipping us your frame.
Tips For Fastest Service: Be sure to place your order through the website before sending in your frame. We cannot be responsible for lost, missing, or damaged frames, or frames that are sent before an order is placed. Please save your tracking number in case of any issues with the postal service delivery. Addressing your package to Axon Optics, without specifying Send In Your Frame service will result in delays. If you are adding a prescription to the order, enter your prescription in the form below. Do not send your paper prescription with your frame.
As our Send-In-Your-Frame service is a nonrefundable custom item, we recommend first trying the tint as non-prescription lenses in one of our frames, as those can be returned within 30 days of purchase in new condition for an exchange credit or a refund. The average delivery time is four weeks from when you ship your frame to us. Please allow additional time for international orders.
You get what you pay for with frames – our value frames are optical-grade frames and include a one-year warranty, but frames purchased from a pharmacy or other location may be too low-end to include a warranty, and many cheap readers (such as Foster Grant) aren’t intended to ever have their lenses removed once manufactured, so doing it voids the frame warranty. Get the frame from an optical shop if possible to include a warranty and to be sure that the frame can handle insertion of prescription lenses. If you’re not sure, ask the salesperson. If you’re low on funds, have a hard time finding a good frame, or can’t make it to an optical shop, an old frame you have from a pair of prescription lenses will do nicely – just remember it may not be possible to replace the frame if it breaks, as it is most likely no longer manufactured. Designer frames are expensive, but you’ll get that warranty, durability, and the fit, style, and coverage you need. This isn’t a place to scrimp on price, because you get what you pay for with frames.
Axon Optics cannot be responsible if your frame breaks during insertion or in the future, but please check with the frame vendor or the manufacturer to redeem your warranty.
Advice For the Perfect Pair of Migraine Glasses
- First: Try out a pair of any of our glasses and see if the lenses help before you order a custom Send In Your Frame. If you wear prescription glasses we recommend you try our Cover-RX which fits over your current prescription lenses but can also be worn alone.
- Second: If the lenses help and the frame fits, you are all set! If you would like a more custom fit or style then you can purchase a new frame from an optical shop or find a frame that you have owned for years. Send us your frame using the Send In Your Frame option.
- Third: Sit back and relax. We will fill your order in about 3 weeks. Nothing works like a frame you’ve selected in person, in terms of fit, style, and coverage.
If you’ve already tried our tint as described above, you can get your prescription made with our tint through an eye doctor. Any eye doctor who can work with independent lens vendors can email us at [email protected] for directions on how to make the lenses with our tint. It can be difficult to find a doctor who is not stuck in lab contracts, but we can refer you to a doctor who can help.